Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Measuring Water-Holding Capacity and the Fall Semester is Complete!

Good news! I have measured the water-holding capacity of all 80 soil samples from both the Loyola and Chicago Botanic garden sites! Here are the results (more to come later on what this all actually means!):
Graph of Primary Results of Measuring Water-holding Capacity
I've also completed the Fall semester of my senior year! I have one more to go, and I will be continuing research next semester! Next semester, I will focus on learning the statistical package R and analyzing all the temperature and water-holding capacity data. I will present my results in a poster format and possibly a presentation in the Spring at the Undergraduate Research Symposium during Loyola's annual Weekend of Excellence. More to come on this later! 

Tomorrow and the next day, Kelly and I are going to take out and reset the i-buttons at both of our experimental sites before the harsh part of winter freezes them in the soil. I will take pictures to show you all what the other site looks like. Until then! 

Happy Holidays! 

Signing off...

No comments:

Post a Comment