Tuesday, October 14, 2014

I-button data collection and soil sampling

Green roof in September
Putting the ibuttons back and collecting soil

The last week of September was big week for us! Dr. Chaudhary and I collected all of the ibuttons from their experimental trays and downloaded the data off of them. Then, Kelly and I restarted their missions and placed them back in their locations. Sarah and I also took soil samples from each tray to begin doing tests on the soil. I will do water-holding capacity tests and Sarah will analyze for carbon! I am currently researching water-holding capacity methods and will hopefully have news on that in the next two weeks. Until then, I am going to start compiling the temperature data from the ibuttons! 

 



Here are some pictures from the big day! Yay data!


No comments:

Post a Comment